England rejects speculations of involvement in cancellation of Pak vs NZ tour
The Ambassador of England to Pakistan, Christian Turner has said the speculation that the British High Commission was involved in the Pakistan-New Zealand tour being called off is untrue.
According to details, the British High Commissioner to Pakistan has expressed these views in a statement on social networking website Twitter on Friday evening.
British High Commissioner Christian Turner has said that the New Zealand authorities had taken the decision independently, as it was theirs to make. He turned down reports of Britain’s involvement in the matter.
Also read: Pakistani wrestler Inam Butt qualifies for quarter-finals in World Beach Wrestling
“I recognise that this is a sad day for cricket fans in [Pakistan] & around [the world] who were looking fwd to the series,” he added.
After the decision od New Zealand cricket board, the spokesperson of England Cricket Board (ECB) has said that the body would decide on its tour to Pakistan within the next 24-48 hours.
It is to be mentioned here that earlier in the day, New Zealand Cricket Board had cancelled its tour of Pakistan after informing the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) of a “security alert”.
One thought on “England rejects speculations of involvement in cancellation of Pak vs NZ tour”
Pingback: After New Zealand shock, England cancels Pakistan tour - editor times
Comments are closed.